Sunday, May 6, 2012

Swamped in Shakespeare

"They are the faction. O conspiracy,
Shamest thou to show thy dangerous brow by night,
When evils are most free? O, then by day
Where wilt thou find a cavern dark enough
To mask thy monstrous visage? Seek none, conspiracy;
Hide it in smiles and affability:
For if thou path thy native semblance on,
Not Erebus itself were dim enough
To hide thee from prevention."
- Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene I
Let me just think about this:

- For several months, I've been rehearsing for the role of Tranio in the Front Lawn Player's production of The Taming of the Shrew. (Which, by the way, is some pretty multi-layered acting. The entire show is a play-within-a-play, which means I'm an actress playing an actor who plays a servant who spends the whole play pretending to be his master, Lucentio. Forgive me if I suffer from identity confusion.)
- Over the weekend I went to my first rehearsal for a parody sketch show of sorts called I Hate Shakespeare!
- And on Monday I get back together with my beloved Blackfriars to start directing Julius Caesar.

These next few months should really indulge my bardolatry.

No comments:

Post a Comment