Saturday, April 27, 2013

Danielle's first suspicion

My sister Danielle, who just turned two: (runs into office) Allie, that a beetle?
Me: (sitting on office floor with my laptop) What?
Danielle: Is that a beetle?
Me: Is what? (Probably worth noting: I had been procrastinating on my essay by looking up pictures of The Beatles and I thought she'd developed some supernatural ability to apprehend my shenanigans.)
Danielle: (bends down and points to floor) Is that a beetle?
Me: No, that's not a beetle, I think you're okay. It's just some dirt on the floor.
Danielle: Okay. (runs out)
Me: Hey, that's the first full sentence you've ever said to me! High five!
Danielle: (giggles delightedly, runs back to meet me, looks down at floor again) …That's a beetle.

Only just talking and already she doesn't trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment