Friday, August 24, 2012

Unconnected (but happy) thoughts

Fantastic night out roller-skating with the friends. Well, we were only out for about an hour, but it's worth it with these people. I love those square 60s skates that won't let you make sharp turns. I'm probably going to set a scene in my novel at a roller rink now.

Clair and I have been bonding over Adventure Time. You probably know the cartoon. It's a stream-of-consciousness surrealist show that's set in a sort of colorful, candy-coated Valhalla. I'm a little iffy about it--don't love it without reservations, the way I love, say, Phineas and Ferb. But even though it's mostly noted for its animation, it's the talking that's good; it utilizes this slangy dialogue ("Slamacow! That fool looks rumped!") that makes me smile hard.

Someone I didn't know IRL commented on this blog.

I won an essay contest. Maybe I'll go on a bit about that later, but suffice it that I am excited.

I'm rereading In the Woods. Obsessed = me. (Also, is it way too late in summer to start Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine? I had thought I'd start on the first day of summer and have it be all poetic and In Memory of Ray. He probably won't care.)

The younger sibs think I'm the coolest thing ever because I showed them what Bugs Bunny on YouTube was and then let them use my phone to watch it.

I waste so much time on the internet and I don't even work on my story. I should go back to diary-writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment