Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today

I'm absent-mindedly reading on my Kindle, and Clair's on her iPhone. "I wish we had a hammock," I say, more to myself than anybody else.

"That'd be awesome," says Clair. "Hey, you should make one. I was just reading about how you can make a hammock with ropes and sheets."

"Sheets?"

"Yeah, they have instructions on Instructable.com and--come on, let's go outside and do it! Adventure!"

The above is almost a direct quote. I swear, sometimes she's like that girl in every movie who teaches the lonely bored guy that life is precious and exciting.

At any rate, we charged out there with old tablecloths and an incriminating-looking length of rope, and below is the result.

(I didn't actually get to sit in it myself, but tomorrow we build hammock number two. In the meantime we sit in the living room, mosquitoed but merry.)

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! Just make sure that if it rips you don't land on the hard roots on the ground (ouch).

    Ahhh exactly who is Ferb? Oh... never mind. I searched it up. I guess we missed that animation when our kids were growing up.

    Keep writing!

    IJMJ Pascendi (Fox)

    ReplyDelete