Tuesday, July 24, 2012

So how's this for a weird dream?

Hot off the presses of my dreaming brain:

My sister Mary secretly teamed up with author L.M. Montgomery of Anne of Green Gables fame (who wasn't dead in my dream, just elderly and reclusive), and they collaborated on a novel. It was based on our family life and included a mixed-media combination of tweets, texts and diary entries. Some of the latter were mine, unedited; I had no problem with this but could not recall ever having given permission.

The whole thing was published under the pseudonym of L.M. Montgomerowl ("Owl" being Mary's superhero nickname since time out of mind; haha, you're such a punster, dreaming brain). Neither me nor my other sisters had any idea that Mary was up to all this until the advance review copy turned up at our house. However, my mom had been in on it from the start and had arranged all her trips up to Prince Edward Island to see L.M. Montgomery.

And just when we thought she couldn't surprise us anymore, it turned out that while she was at it Mary had eloped with one of the publishers. She said his name was Seth and we'd really like him. Mom had also been in on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment