Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Halliday and Vane

Drawing practice. A little embarrassing. I mean one day to be much better than this. And as if the messiness of the lines and the dissymmetry of the eyes, and so on, weren't bad enough, I didn't realize how wrinkled the paper was.

Anyway, from left to right; Eve Halliday from P.G. Wodehouse's Psmith series and Harriet Vane from Dorothy L. Sayer's Lord Peter Wimsey series. I haven't read far enough in either series to have encountered these characters yet (Eve appears in Leave it to Psmith while Harriet debuts in Strong Poison), so I decided to take a guess as to what they looked like and see if I was right later. :)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Don't knock these. You have captured the character and that is what is important. You and my #1 daughter should spend more time talking about art... especially the technical stuff when it comes to drawing. Two heads are better than one (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete